Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
The Episcopal Church »  |  The Diocese of Virginia

St. Paul's History

St. Paul's was built in 1801 as a District Courthouse for four counties: Fairfax, Fauquier, Loudoun, and Prince William. Episcopalians have worshiped on this spot since 1822.  The original building was consecrated by Bishop Meade in 1834.  During the Civil War, the original building was burned, but the walls remained standing.  The church was rebuilt within the original walls in 1867.  St. Paul’s is the oldest church in continual use within Prince William County.